Call us: (650) 591-5511
Clone of HDR Contest 2016 Rules
2016 HDR Contest Rules; Terms and Conditions
By submitting an entry or undertaking any steps to prepare or submit an entry for Pinnacle Imaging Systems’ HDR Contest 2016, each entrant (“Entrant”) agrees to be legally bound to all of the following contest rules and terms and conditions. EVERY ENTRANT OR POTENTIAL ENTRANT MUST REVIEW THESE RULES AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST OR UNDERTAKING ANY STEPS TO PREPARE OR SUBMIT AN ENTRY FOR THE CONTEST.
Nature of Contest
The contest is to identify the best submitted image produced using Pinnacle Imaging Systems’ software applications including HDR Expose 3, HDR Express 3 or 32 Float v3. This is a contest of skill. The contest will conclude and all prizes will be awarded by any timelines and deadlines set forth in these contest rules and terms and conditions.
This contest is sponsored and promoted by: Pinnacle Imaging Systems, LLC 288 Harbor Blvd Belmont, CA 94002
Eligibility to Enter
Entrants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to enter or win:
• 18 years of age or older;
• Legal resident of the U.S. or Canada;
• Have a shipping/receiving address in the U.S. or Canada;
• NOT a resident of Arizona or any state or territory in which this type of contest is prohibited by law;
• NOT an employee of Pinnacle Imaging Systems, Promote Systems or B&H Photo (or any of its or their affiliates, parent companies, or subsidiary companies), or one of the contest judges, or an immediate family member of such an employee or such a contest judge, or a person living in the same household of such an employee or such a contest judge;
Entrants who do not meet all of these criteria may not participate or who otherwise do not comply with these contest rules and terms and conditions may not win the contest.
How to Enter
Entrants must produce an image using at some point in its development Pinnacle Imaging Systems' HDR software — and submit it in digital form — namely a jpeg format at 72ppi resolution, at least 1,600 pixels in one dimension — via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The body of your entry email must include your name, phone number, email address and statement, “I have read and accept the contest rules”. [The information submitted by the contestant is considered confidential it will NOT BE SHARED WITH ANY OUTSIDE AGENCY.]
Entries must be received by any timelines and deadlines set forth in these contest rules and terms and conditions.
The Entrant is deemed to be the holder of the established e-mail account associated with the entry.
There may be up to five entries per person. If Entrant exceeds any limits on the number of entries, Pinnacle Imaging Systems may in its sole discretion disqualify all or some of the entries.
No Fees or Purchase Required
There is no fee and no purchase necessary to enter or win the contest. The contest does require the use of Pinnacle Imaging Systems' software at some point in the entry’s processing; for those Entrants who do not already own the full version of Pinnacle Imaging Systems' software, 30-day trial versions of HDR Expose 3, HDR Express 3 and 32 Float v3 are available on the Pinnacle Imaging Systems website at no cost and with no obligation to purchase the product at the end of the trial period.
Requirements for Entries
By submitting an entry in this contest, each Entrant represents and warrants:
• The image is original, and the contest participant owns the copyright or any other associated intellectual-property rights in the image.
• The image does not infringe the copyright, rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual-property or proprietary rights of any other person or entity.
• Any persons depicted in the image who are recognizable or identifiable from their image are 18 years of age or over and have given their signed, written consent to have their image used in this contest (and released any rights of publicity or privacy).
• If the entry features architecture, the building or architecture depicted in the image is located in or ordinarily visible from a public place, or, for any such building or architecture that is not located in or ordinarily visible from a public place, if the building or architecture is protected by copyright, Entrant must have the appropriate rights to submit the image and grant the rights provided in these contest rules and terms and conditions; and Entrants must be prepared to provide a signed release from the person or entity owning the copyright.
• For any sculptures, statues, paintings, or other works of art that are depicted in the image, Entrant must have the appropriate rights to submit the image and grant the rights provided in these contest rules and terms and conditions; and Entrants must be prepared to provide a signed release from the person or entity owning the copyright in any such sculptures, statues, paintings, or other works of art.
• The image does not contain obscene, profane, offensive, lewd, pornographic, or otherwise inappropriate content. Pinnacle Imaging Systems reserves the right at its sole discretion to reject and disqualify any photograph it deems in its sole discretion to be obscene, profane, offensive, lewd, pornographic, or otherwise inappropriate.
Submissions must be made by the following dates for consideration:
• Entries for the 2016 contest must be received by midnight (GMT-8) October 31, 2016.
• The winner and honorable mentions will be announced on or about November 10, 2016.
There will be one (1) 1st-prize winner, a First Honorable Mention winner and two (2) Second Honorable Mentions.
The prizes are as follows: 1st prize: A gift card to B&H Photo, Video, Pro Audio (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/) in the amount of $500 (U.S. dollars).
The first Honorable Mention will receive a Promote Control remote camera operation device by Promote Systems. The two (2) Second Honorable Mentions will receive a gift card to B&H Photo, Video, Pro Audio (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/) in the amount of $100 (U.S. dollars).
Determination of Winners
Winners will be determined as set forth below. Pinnacle Imaging Systems has previously run only three similar contests and does not have enough historical data from which to estimate the number of entries it will receive in this contest—but expects to promote the contest broadly.
In this contest, winners will be determined by a panel of judges made up of approximately two executives of Pinnacle Imaging Systems and one professional photographer who is independent from Pinnacle Imaging Systems. Judges will review and compare the entries and then assign each entry a rating from 1-5 on each of the following criteria: 1) creativity and 2) composition and 3) use of HDR techniques. The entries with the highest scores will win either 1st-place or an honorable mention. The judges will review and discuss the finalists collectively in reference to the stated criteria; and in so doing; they will decide the 1st prizewinner and the Honorable Mentions. These decisions will be made by consensus or majority vote of the judges on the panel.
During the course of the contest period entries will be selected to be displayed on the Pinnacle Imaging Systems website, blog and Facebook page to promote the contest. These entries will be chosen solely at the discretion of the Pinnacle Imaging Systems management and in no way indicates such entries are preferred to win the contest or honorable mention prizes.
The panel’s decisions are final.
Potential winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit swearing as to the person’s eligibility and the compliance of the entry with these rules and terms and condition, and a comprehensive liability waiver, as well as any required consents or releases as described above, within 7 calendar days of the effective date of being notified of having been selected as a potential winner.
Applicable taxes are the responsibility of the Entrant, and appropriate tax identification information may be required prior to the awarding of any prize.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ALL REQUIREMENTS OF THE CONTEST RULES AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF A POTENTIAL WINNER—AND SELECTION OF AN ALTERNATE POTENTIAL WINNER.
Announcement of Winners
The winner and honorable mentions for the 2016 contest will be announced on or about November 10, 2016 and will be posted to the Pinnacle Imaging Systems blog at http://www.pinnacleimagingsystems.com/blog and possibly other areas of the Pinnacle Imaging Systems website.
Property Rights, Intellectual Property Rights, and Other Commercial Rights
Entries will not returned, and the physical copy of the entries becomes the property of Pinnacle Imaging Systems.
Entrants retain ownership of all copyrights and other equivalent rights to entries. Entrants grant Pinnacle Imaging Systems a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, and show on screen or in any media any entry (including without limitation its image and any text, narrative, or other information submitted with the image) (including without limitation on websites, exhibitions, tradeshows or any other media) for the purpose of promoting the Pinnacle Imaging Systems products, the contest, running the contest, and promoting the results of the contest and other ongoing marketing activities that may be unrelated to the contest—which license shall include the right to modify or edit such photographs for space limitations or other constraints of media or otherwise in Pinnacle Imaging Systems’ discretion. Entrant further agrees that Pinnacle Imaging Systems may publish Entrant’s name and home city/state in connection with its publication or other use of any entries—along with any other likeness, voice, or statements from and provided by Entrant. All here-described uses by Pinnacle Imaging Systems will be without compensation to Entrants.
A separate agreement will need to be reached should Pinnacle Imaging Systems, its subsidiaries or affiliates wish to publish a submitted photograph other than as stated in these contest rules and terms and conditions.
Disclaimers, Releases, and Limitations of Liability
Pinnacle Imaging Systems AND ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, OR AFFILIATE COMPANIES, AND ITS AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS:
• EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT), RELATING TO THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZES THAT MAY BE AWARDED; AND
• OFFER NO ASSURANCES THAT THE WEBSITES THROUGH WHICH THE CONTEST PROVIDES INFORMATION OR IS RUN WILL BE AVAILABLE UNINTERRUPTED OR FUNCTION ERROR-FREE.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS RELEASE Pinnacle Imaging Systems AND ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, OR AFFILIATE COMPANIES, AND ITS AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR TO ACCEPTANCE OR USE (OR MISUSE) OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITIES OR ANY USE OF ENTRIES BY Pinnacle Imaging Systems. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL Pinnacle Imaging Systems OR ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, OR AFFILIATE COMPANIES, OR ITS AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY—AND ENTRANTS WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO—ANY PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER TYPES OF DAMAGES OTHER THAN OUT-OF-POCKET DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Defense and Indemnity
ENTRANTS AGREE TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY Pinnacle Imaging Systems AND ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, OR AFFILIATE COMPANIES, AND ITS AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO ENTRANT’S ACTIVITIES IN MAKING OR DEVELOPING IMAGES OR OTHERWISE PREPARING OR SUBMITTING ENTRIES INTO THIS CONTEST OR OTHERWISE TO ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants agree that this contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of California (without reference to any choice-of-law principles) and that the forum for any dispute will be the State of California.
Pinnacle Imaging Systems assumes no responsibility for entries unable to be processed for any technical reason and further reserves the right to cancel the contest if it becomes technically corrupted or because of unauthorized human intervention. Pinnacle Imaging Systems reserves the right in the event of such cancellation to award the prize to an eligible, non-suspect entry received prior to cancellation.
HDR Expose 3 is the pro's choice for creating stunning, natural HDR images.
HDR Expose 3's new Adaptive Tone Mapping, Deghosting and Alignment algorithms elevate HDR imaging to new levels.
HDR Expose 3 ships with Adobe Lightroom and Apple Aperture export plug-ins.